North West London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
There is a requirement for a Project Engineer (Rolling Stock Testing Support) on the Crossrail project on a contract-basis in North-West London.
- Crossrail has a core team responsible for testing and commissioning (T&C) of the Crossrail Central Operating Section (CCOS). The Rolling Stock team is responsible for delivery and commissioning of the new Crossrail Class 345 Units and supporting the CRL T&C team during rolling stock integration testing. The purpose of this role is to support the rolling stock aspects of the testing and commissioning within the CCOS, including overseeing the analysis of test anomalies and tracking the resolution and implementation of their fixes.
- Work collaboratively with other Crossrail teams and suppliers to develop and deliver resolution of rolling stock anomalies identified during CCOS testing.
- Actively manage Bombardier to ensure they deliver their commitments required to allow the successful testing and commissioning of the CCOS.
- Work alongside Crossrail's Testing & Commissioning teams ensuring that any issues are fed-back and suitably addressed.
- Highlight any specific Risk and Safety concerns and be actively involved in providing mitigating solutions.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of project management of rail delivery projects.
- Management ability including knowledge of, risk / issue management, approvals & acceptance, quality and safety matters. This should include use of issues management tools, such as "top-ten", pareto analysis, visualisation boards, etc.
- Educated to HNC or Degree level in a mechanical, electrical discipline or equivalent.
- Membership of a professional engineering, project management or railway operating institution.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written), at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills and an effective team player.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders and deal with competing interests in an inclusive and pragmatic manner.
- Strong delivery ethic, with excellent programme awareness and a commitment for successful delivery to schedule.
- Ability to give pragmatic and timely technical support advice to internal and external parties.