York, North Yorkshire
6 months ago
At Talascend International we are currently searching for Project Engineers (Signalling).
As a Project Engineer for Works Delivery (Signalling) your primary role will be to support the construction teams by leading a team of technical staff in the delivery of key signalling engineering aspects of projects and providing the engineering assurance for the schemes through the project lifecycle. This role will involve a variety of tasks from undertaking the role of Designated Project Engineer (DPE) / Signalling PE for minor signalling renewals and enhancements and Responsible Signalling Engineer (RSE) for the Maintenance Delivered Scheduled Renewals following A2-9/G110 processes.
Works Delivery undertake a wide range of signalling works from simple to complex projects.
The signalling project portfolio includes a variety of signalling schemes varying in processes from Functional Equivalent Designs (FED) to conceptual designs produced by contracted design houses. The signalling team also support various track renewals and major multi-disciplinary renewals. An example of this is the Bridlington Station remodelling scheme which incorporates signalling alterations, track layout amendments, ancillary civils and coper alterations, telecommunications equipment changes and a new signalling power supply and associated back-up.
* Detailed knowledge of Network Rail design and construction standards
* Experience in planning and owning the technical/engineering aspects of renewal/enhancement projects.
* Experience of carrying out asset surveys/checks to the required standard
* Experience in delivering signal engineering works on site
* Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team
* Able to coach, influence and develop others
* Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
* Awareness/has practice in the use of CAD software and Bentley Rail/ National record Group
* Experience of adhering to signalling standards; design - construction - faulting
* Knowledge of signalling construction methods
* Knowledge of other discipline areas assets and delivery/construction methods
* IRSE competent