North West London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
11 days ago
There is a requirement for a Project Manager (Rolling Stock Testing Support) on the Crossrail project in North-West London on a long-term contract.
- To support the CCOS Testing & Commissioning in London plus interfacing with testing in Derby and Melton Mowbray. (Crossrail has a core team responsible for testing and commissioning of the Crossrail Central Operating Section (CCOS), and a rolling stock team responsible for delivering and commissioning of the new Crossrail Class 345 Units).
- Work as part of a small team based in London with occasional visits to the Bombardier Derby factory and Melton Mowbray test site.
- Work collaboratively and robustly with other Crossrail teams and suppliers to develop and deliver the integrated testing and commissioning plan for the CCOS.
- Actively manage Bombardier to ensure they deliver their commitments required to allow the successful testing and commissioning of the CCOS.
- Work alongside Crossrail's Testing & Commissioning teams ensuring that any quality related issues are fed-back and suitably addressed.
- Influence supplier conduct and behaviour in the areas of Testing and Quality Assurance to ensure that programme milestones can be achieved in a timely manner, to the required quality.
- Highlight any specific Risk and Safety concerns and be actively involved in providing mitigating solutions.
- The role supports a programme that includes night and weekend testing activity and will require occasional on-call support out of normal office hours.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of / proven success in project management of rail infrastructure delivery projects.
- Strong project management ability including knowledge of schedule management, risk / issue management, budgetary control, approvals & acceptance, quality and safety matters.
- Educated to HNC or Degree level in a mechanical, electrical discipline or equivalent.
- Membership of a professional engineering, project management or railway operating institution would be beneficial.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status would be advantageous.
- Awareness of safety regime within railway industry, railway operations, engineering and manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written), at all levels.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders and deal with competing interests in an inclusive and pragmatic manner.