5 months ago
The Project Engineer is a key role within a new inspections department for a leading Asset Management company, The role involves coordinating people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving an inspection project's organisation and timeline. You will be proactively supporting the business on a day-to-day basis contributing to the future success and strategy of the business. You will attend and lead client meetings to discuss issues and planning of new and current projects, leading the meetings and following up with plans and agreed programmes. The role will report into the Director of Operations and will have a number of direct reports including contractors and employees. You will also support other Senior Managers on projects within the business. You will work closely with other departments, such as Quality Assurance, Support and the Development Team, to help achieve business objectives.
- Coordinate internal and third parties' resources for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Create and implement robust training and mentoring schemes for contractors and employees on project.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Align the department with the client ethos
- Responsible for the overall client facing product.
- Have relevant educational background, preferably in the field of engineering.
- Have 5-10 Years' relevant experience in a similar role.
- Have proven working experience as a project administrator in the transport infrastructure sector.
- Have solid inspection background, with understanding and hands-on experience.
- Have excellent client-facing and internal communications skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent Microsoft Office skills, proficient in Excel and data mapping.
- Have strong problem-solving skills.
- Be capable of writing good plans and documents.
- Be able to understands operational site planning and management as well as in the office task management.
- Be confident in training employees and contractors.
- Lead progress meetings with the client.
- Be able to escalate issue up and manage down.
- Have solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Able to work occasional night shifts and on call when projects work through the night.
- Ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of Asset Management software and CMMS.
- Be structured, logical, and analytical.
- Be motivated by challenges.
- Feel confident problem solving and discussing problems with clients and peers.
- Have PRINCE II certification.
- Have a driving licence.