9 months ago
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the H/O IDT Performance & Development the Works Operation Readiness Room Project Manager is responsible for: -
- The instructional design, co-ordination, facilitation, implementation, management, coaching and continuous improvement of a transparent standardised performance management system / process hub, designed to understand, track and facilitate performance & continuous improvement.
- Providing operational and tactical support improving the day-to-day running of the Delivery Directorate in relation to, Shafts, Portals, Route way & Stations IDTs with their respective Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost & People deliverables, enabling the IDTs to perform and deliver the programme.
- Co-ordinating and presenting the tracking and reporting of daily and periodic performance activities through the use of factual and transparent activity sprint plans, available and visible across all sites, ensuring Delivery Directorate governance and cadence requirements are met.
- Supporting and coaching site of PM/IDTs, with tracking and reporting to the Delivery Director and the wider organisation.
- Removal of variability across IDT Tier-1s & sub-contractor base, employing best practice sharing & lessons learnt.
- Ensure continuity and alignment between Delivery & Programme Controls reports, reporting and meeting cadence.
- Lead Works Operation Readiness Room to provide a lean and agile reporting and tracking processes (including visualisation) for the H/O IDT Performance & Development and Heads of Shafts, Portals, Route way and Stations Delivery, Project and Tier-1 Managers and IDTs. Management of the Works Operational Readiness Room to facilitate, reporting, forecasting, visualisation management, governance frameworks, and working closely with the other Directorates and their performance reporting leads.
- Advise the H/O IDT Performance & Development along with Delivery Leads at a tactical level, providing common principles, methodologies and support tools to build on existing legacy reports, processes and procedures, implementing them accordingly in the current phase of the Programme, helping and supporting time and cost sensitive decisions, whilst ensuring Safety and Quality standards are maintained
- Support the transition from Delivery Programme Controls to Delivery site leads, and their respective reports and reporting roles and responsibilities, ensuring effective resource provisions are in place whilst providing performance information to aid the H/O IDT Performance & Development in their management of the Delivery Director and Directorate including organisational structure, strategy and approach.
- Assist the H/O Performance & Development with the Handover co-ordination and collaboration with the Delivery leads and IDTs to ensure that the handover regimes and timings meet the overall programme ensuring that these activities are programmed and the impact to the wider programme is understood to prevent damage to the programme caused by concurrency.
- Attend, lead, chair and where required reinstall, daily visualisation (physical/virtual) performance management centres and cadence across all sites at Level 4, 3, 1.5 and Route to Finish (RtF), ensuring challenge, administration and tracking of concerns, actions, timely resolution or escalation and attendance at Technical Directorate Integrated Team Meeting (ITM) or Executive Trial Running Mobilisation Board (TRMB).
- Alignment and deployment of Central Programme and Project Controls revised 'Blockade' reporting (1. DCS Adherence 2. EOWL's 3. Construction Activities 4. ROTA).
- Consult and act on observations and assessment highlighted from Sponsors and Project P-Representatives.
- Work closely with the External Relations team and support activities such as; the co-ordination of advisors, stakeholders, executive and technical for site visits, and inputs to learning legacy, lessons learnt and best practice sharing.
- Work in close collaboration with the Communications department to ensure that they are provided with up to date information regarding individual, IDT and Delivery Directorate wide successes, noteworthy events and best practice sharing.
- Experience and formally trained in lean behaviours, tools and techniques.
Ability to inform, influence and coach to senior management level using data focused on action areas, using technics such as visualisation, practical problem solving (5W Root-Cause analysis), following a Scan, Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle, to transparently identify and demonstrably evidence performance and delivery.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of industry cross functional best practices from the construction, rail, automotive, defence and aerospace sectors with demonstrable evidence of importing and embedding improvement processes and procedures.
Working knowledge of rail/engineering industry, experience of dealing with large complex works packages.
- Experience of influencing and/or leading large multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent written, oral presentation and communication skills together with strong inter-personal skills and experience.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary management team and within a matrix organisational structure.
- Experience of supporting high-profile individuals in their day-to-day activities, with the discretion required to handle sensitive issues.
- Experience in budgeting resources management and organisational change management.