£0.01 - £1.01 per day + negotiable day rate inside of IR35
8 months ago
4 months ++
Rail Project Test & Trails Programme Manager, London (Contract Role)
1. Purpose of the Job
To programme manage the delivery of key cross-organisation activities and milestones relating to trials, testing and commissioning (TT&C) of the Project.
Responsibilities include establishing the strategy for integrated trials, testing and commissioning, building and maintaining project plans, trend analysis, reporting, managing risks and issues, hold formal reviews, working with site teams to execute safe and efficient test activity, managing and producing close out assurance.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Establish strategies relating to trials, testing and commissioning of the railway to achieve its aims to be safe, integrated, operable, maintainable, resilient and reliable.
* Communication of TT&C strategies and plans to internal and eternal stakeholders.
* Build and maintain project plans relating to trials, testing & commissioning. Work with and influence internal and external stakeholders from across the programme to ensure these plans are executing safely and efficiently.
* Collect & analyse data, identify trends and produce informative reports for upwards communication.
* Identification and management of risks and issues, defining and implementing mitigation actions and resolving issues to ensure disruption and delay is minimised.
* Chair working groups and formal reviews to ensure multi-stakeholder engagement
* Work closely with test site teams to ensure that TT&C objectives are met safely and efficiently
* Track and manage the timely production and approval of close out reports and assurance relating to TT&C in accordance with key milestones
* Provide leadership, creative and active management input to the TT&C team, ensuring all decision making is aligned with the programme objectives and priorities.
* Co-operate with client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Act as a role model for clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put clients information or information systems at risk.
* To be responsible for the management of Health and Safety for direct reports.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
* Effective management of TT&C activity against a challenging and complex schedule with many competing demands and conflicts.
* Influencing and management of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the strategic aims of the TT&C function are met
* Identifying trends, risks and issues and problem solving to ensure any blockers to safe and efficient testing are removed.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
* Reports to the Head of TT&C
Works closely with:
Testing & Commissioning
Clients Technical Directorate
Clients Tier 1 Suppliers including BT and Siemens
* Experience and detailed knowledge of testing and commissioning into service complex railway systems including power, signalling & train and interfacing sub systems.
* Programme or project management experience
* Experience of working on metro and/or NR infrastructure and to metro/NR rules
* Experience of on-site testing & reports.
* Experience of working closely with the supply chain to enable safe and efficient test environments.
* Dynamic individual who proactively identifies risks and issues and maintains a thorough and disciplined approach to their management and mitigation.
* A keen problem solver seeking to remove blockers in order to drive performance
* Ability to understand the direct and indirect implications of project delays and risks.
* Strong reporting & communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and influence. Able to be assertive without causing unnecessary conflict, and to interact and communicate effectively with people.
* Able to multitask and manage conflicting priorities, used to working under pressure and to deadlines.
* Strong customer orientation, focussed on the ultimate objectives of this major capital investment programme for London