Rail Project Town Planner: London Based
£0.01 - £1.01 per annum + Salaried (negotiable)
about 2 years ago
Liquid error: internal
Rail Project Town Planner: London Based, Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months (salaried)
- Assist in the programming, preparation, review and submission requests for approval in accordance with Schedule 17 of the High Speed Rail Act 2017 (the Act), and working primarily as part of the main works Integrated Project Team (IPT), and with engineering and environment teams, consultants and contractors as required.
- Engage with local planning authorities on town planning matters associated with Schedule 17 and planning application submissions, and hybrid Act related processes.
- Manage, engage with and advise contractor and internal teams on the preparation of planning material for consents packages, for example enabling works, main works, rail systems, and works outside of Act limits.
- Advise on Development Consent Order / Transport and Works Act Orders and planning applications under the Town and Country Planning Act and General Permitted Development Order processes and programme, and risk implications associated with these.
- Support with emerging business needs, for example assisting in design panel reviews, local technical engagement panels and local public engagement activities.
- Manage a significant number of Schedule 17 consents delivered by our early works and main works contractors over a 3-4 year programme
- Support delivery partners by providing planning advice on matters relating to project design and refinements, Schedule 17 submission strategy and submission package preparation, negotiation with local planning authorities, conditions and the Act planning regime and legal framework.
- Work within the Infrastructure Directorate with responsibility for leading on town planning matters primarily within the West Midlands Area, but may also involve responsibility for route-wide planning tasks.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate the successful delivery of consents with local planning authorities
- Ability to produce and present documents and reports to a variety of audiences, including stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to provide advice and guidance on the production of drawings and supplemental planning information relating to planning submissions
- IT skills including MS office or equivalent
- Ability to provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on Town Planning matters and the Act.
- Able to prioritise workload, work independently and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Knowledge of UK Planning Policy and legislation and an understanding of Environment Impact Assessment Legislation.
- Project or programme management processes and / or successfully managing a varied caseload of applications or projects.
Type of experience
- Experience in town planning through infrastructure planning, and/or dealing with major planning applications under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Member of the RTPI
- Experience of different planning regimes including the Planning Act 2008, The Transport and Works Act 1992 or Hybrid Bill experience.
- Experience of working and building relationships with multidisciplinary project teams, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of contributing to multi-disciplinary projects.