Manchester, Greater Manchester
£0.01 - £1.01 per day + day rate inside of IR35
4 months ago
Rail Projects - Assistant Construction Manager: Manchester
Acting as a supervisor for the railway - setting up the safe systems of work and outside parties are adhering to the safe system of work - facilitate outside parties coming onto the site to work.
- Work with contractors to deliver site activities that comply with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), relevant rules, regulations, Railway Group and company standards and all applicable procedures and legislation.
- Encourage an awareness of the importance of HSQE and good workmanship by regular communication with all contractors' and make the contractor aware of policy for reporting accidents /incidents.
- Review & accept in conjunction with the Asset Protection Engineer contract documentation. Check whether that contractor has in place adequate communication plans to inform line-side residents of proposed works.
- Monitor validity of Contractor's employee's competency documentation, prior to works commencing and during all phases of work, using sentinel and construction industry checklists.
- In liaison with the contractor, jointly inspect first off examples of elements of the works, at the earliest opportunity, in order to agree the detailed workmanship standards for consistent application to the whole of the works.
- Maintain a regular and frequent site presence at all worksites and to continually monitor, and correct where necessary, the standard and methods of work, being always vigilant for inadequacies. Where remedial actions are required confirm whether non-conformance reports are raised, and closed out in an auditable manner. Maintain site diary as appropriate.
- Monitor progress of the works by regular site visits, inspections, and progress meetings, comparing work in progress with contract documents and information given at site meetings and with the overall contract programme. Locally agree site records with the contractor for payment purposes.
- Inspect completed works and survey for the readiness of portions of the work for inspection and for the recording of the outcome and the control of any remedial works required.
- 5 years' experience in construction or railway industry.
- 2 years' experience in supervisory role in construction or railway industry.
- Good communication skills.
- Nebosh construction certificate.
- Environment Awareness.
- Construction Site Supervisor card from CITB Construction Skill Certification Scheme
- Construction trade background
- Commercial awareness
- Clean driving license