West Midlands, England
£550 - £575 per day + Inside IR35
27 days ago
We're currently looking for a Property Surveyor with experience in managing mixed asset portfolios to work on a landmark rail scheme. Offered on an initial 6-month contract, the successful applicant will work alongside the relevant appointed managing agents, being ultimately responsible for the effective estate management across a defined number of acquired assets covering Agriculture, Commercial and Residential.
- Responsible for commercial management of land and property portfolio
- Acting as a key contact with clients appointed property managing agents to ensure high quality estate management including monitoring through monthly reports and KPI's their performance on lettings, rent collection, maintenance, repair and disposals
- Liaison with the Property Acquisition team to develop full awareness of the delivery programme to ensure timely issue of instructions to managing agents to undertake pre-completion inspections and the handover of properties into management on legal completion
- Monitoring the day to day management of properties by the appointed agents including evaluation and instruction of repair and maintenance works and subsequent monitoring and budgeting of fees and expenses
- Ensuring all land and buildings in the property portfolio comply with Health and Safety regulations and legislation and that the Company's Health and Safety policies and processes are fully implemented
- Responsible for all property and management related information that is developed or influenced by the scope of work undertaken and ensuring complete and accurate data is recorded in Land and Property systems in an efficient and effective manner
- Working with the Property Asset Management Lead and Land and Property's Finance representative in the preparation of financial reports and forecasts including monthly income and cost statements
- Support senior members of the team on property management matters and deputising for the Senior Property Management Surveyor as required
- Participate as necessary in consultation events to explain aspects of the compensation schemes to members of the public, stakeholders or interested groups
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies.
- Ability to compile and analyse data, and present and produce reports to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders
- Data compilation, integration, analysis and presentation
- Programme management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to influencing performance and outcomes.
- Knowledge of lettings, rent collection, maintenance, repair and disposals processes and technical aspects of general practice surveying
- Understanding of legal obligations in relation to property ownership, occupation and management.
- Understanding of property income and expenditure budgeting, forecasting and accounting
- A Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or equivalent.
- Degree qualified or relevant property experience.
Type of experience:
- Experience in operating in a property management and / or project environment.
- Experience of managing and monitoring performance of property consultants, agents, contractors and suppliers
- Experience of managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve common goals and objectives