over 1 year ago
Rail - PWay Project Engineer, London
Talascend are recruiting for an experienced Track / PWay Engineer who is design experienced on Network Rail track and able to approve track designs.
You will be working for a focussed and driven organisation who believe good engineering practice is key. You will be accountable for identifying and resolving technical issues, reading and interpreting P-Way and other related engineering drawings to be able to effectively create credible scoping plans and delivery actions to work towards. You will be accountable for accepting design documentations whilst assessing what engineering techniques need to be utilised.
The role will require you to undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within your ability and competence. The Permanent Way Engineer will be preparing and checking of reports, be heavily involved with client liaison and with client representatives. You will be working closely with contractor / client project delivery teams to ensure smooth and timely completion of the project.
- Solid experience of Permanent Way Design and or onsite delivery from first principles.
- Ensure that all engineering and development activities result in schemes that are affordable, and that meet programme requirements for time, cost and quality.
- Experience of working in railway infrastructure.
- Experience of approving track designs as well as manage sub-contractors.
- Multi-discipline interfaces.
- Provide expert advice, input and support.
- Technical input into the development of the standards, specifications, means of compliance.
- PTS, desirable
- Network Rail track design experience
- Project delivery experience