about 1 year ago
Rail - Quality Assurance Engineer
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Sector Quality Manager in implementing all aspects of Clients Quality Management System through design, construction, testing, commissioning and handover.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Monitor and oversee Contractor performance and compliance with the Works Information in relation to quality control and quality assurance activities.
Work collaboratively to drive improvements to enhance performance and reduce cost of poor quality.
Ensure the Contractor is compliant with the Works Information in relation to quality control and quality assurance activities and they implement and maintain a Quality Management System in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001.
Ensure the Client Management System (CMS) aligns with the Works Information and is followed by the Client Delivery Team whilst ensuring any risks and opportunities are identified and reported to the Client Central Quality Team to drive improvements.
Monitoring and analysis of Contractor's Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to enable the achievement of quality objectives and targets as defined within their Contract Quality Plan.
Support the Contractor in capturing any SMART actions identified within their quality improvement plans to drive improvements.
Work collaboratively with the Contractor to develop initiatives to ensure a "right first time" ethos and to reduce the cost of poor quality and promote the sharing of best practice.
Drive the Contractor to ensure effective Root Cause Analysis is undertaken for CAT 1/safety related/ recurring CAT 2 nonconformities whilst ensuring all relevant stakeholders are involved in their resolution.
Observe and participate in Contractor led audits and surveillance activities to ensure they are carried out effectively and in accordance with ISO 19011.
Skills Required Include:
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute & Chartered Quality Professional (MCQI CQP, or working towards) A Chartered MCQI qualification is preferred.
- Trained Auditor to ISO9001 qualification .
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis/Problem solving - they must be able to describe various methodology and what they have done with it.
- Proven experience in the implementation of the Inspection and Test Plan process.
- Experience of the application of QA/QC working for a contracting organisation in a management role on projects involving the installation of rail systems/infrastructure.
- Strong ability, knowledge and experience to enforce the implementation of the Works Information requirements
- Mechanical or Electrical background would be preferable, then either Civils or Architectural background.
- Appropriate technical qualification and/or proven quality management experience working for an organisation in a major multi-discipline infrastructure project.