Rail - Quality Assurance Engineers (x4) - East London
over 3 years ago
There is a requirement for x4 Quality Assurance Engineers to come onto the Crossrail project on a contract-basis for at least 9-months in East London (Stratford or Westferry).
** NOTE: if you have the skills & experience required for this role and they aren't written on your CV, please understand it makes it extremely difficult to identify you as a suitable candidate. **
- To support the Sector Quality Manager in implementing all aspects of Crossrail's Quality Management System through design, construction, testing, commissioning and handover.
- Monitor and oversee Contractor performance and compliance with the Works Information in relation to quality control and quality assurance activities.
- Ensure the Contractor is compliant with the Works Information in relation to quality control and quality assurance activities and they implement and maintain a Quality Management System in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Ensure the Crossrail Management System (CMS) aligns with the Works Information and is followed by the Crossrail Delivery Team whilst ensuring any risks and opportunities are identified and reported to the Crossrail Central Quality Team to drive improvements.
- Analysis of nonconformities, Crossrail Observations, audit and surveillance findings for systemwide Contractors.
- Drive the Contractor to ensure effective Root Cause Analysis is undertaken for CAT 1/safety related/ recurring CAT 2 nonconformities whilst ensuring all relevant stakeholders are involved in their resolution.
- Observe and participate in Contractor led audits and surveillance activities to ensure they are carried out effectively and in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Ensure Crossrail Observations are undertaken effectively, meeting defined targets and involve all relevant stakeholders e.g. CEG and Infrastructure Managers.
- Ensure the Crossrail Delivery Team's review and effective implementation of ITPs, sub-contractor/supplier quality plans, quality system procedures, test plans, quality improvement plans.
- Ensure that the Contractor and Crossrail Delivery Team effectively manage the closeout of NCRs, CARs and Crossrail Observations.
- Work collaboratively with the contractor to drive the closure of Completion Readiness Assessment Framework (CRAF) findings and ensure appropriate preparations are in place for future CRAF assessments to enable a seamless handover to the Infrastructure Managers (IMs) via the Employer's Completion Process (ECP).
Skills & Experience Required:
- Appropriate technical qualification and/or proven quality management experience working for an organisation in a major multi-discipline infrastructure project in a self-certifying environment.
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute & Chartered Quality Professional (MCQI CQP)
- Trained Auditor to ISO9001 qualification is a must it needs to have been kept up to date.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis/Problem solving - they must be able to describe various methodology and what they have done with it.
- Proven experience in the implementation of the Inspection and Test Plan process.
- Experience of the application of QA/QC working for a contracting organisation in a management role on projects involving the installation of rail systems/infrastructure.
- Strong ability, knowledge and experience to enforce the implementation of the Works Information requirements.
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn: 'Rosie Wilkinson' https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/