City of London, London
about 1 year ago
At Talascend International we are currently looking for a Quality Manager - Safety.
To support the Head of Quality within the Elizabeth Line operation's team to implement all aspects of the Elizabeth Line's quality assurance management system. To lead the team that will monitor and oversee the Elizabeth Line operation's team's performance and compliance with all procedural information governing quality control and quality assurance.
* Establishing a right-first-time culture across the operation's team that puts quality at the heart of project delivery.
* Ensuring that the operations team implement appropriate quality management arrangements, supported by the deployment of competent resources, that extend into the operation's team and that establish plans for successful delivery.
* Ensuring that the Elizabeth Line's quality systems and processes are fully aligned to ROGS requirements
* Ensuring that auditing of quality management arrangements provide overall assurance to the senior leadership team of the Elizabeth Line and identify issues for immediate resolution.
* Ensuring that the operation's team implements appropriate and achievable Inspection and Test Plans, achieving quality outputs consistent with ROGS requirements, fully supported with quality records.
* Ensuring that the Key Stakeholders' (RfLi Engineering and the Infrastructure Managers) requirements to review the operational railway activities are identified and scheduled, including the provision of samples, benchmarks, off-site and on-site inspection and testing.
* Ensuring that any deviations from contracted requirements are permitted only after endorsement by authorised RfLi Engineering personnel and recorded as concessions.
* Ensuring that the operation's team implement appropriate arrangements for the identification of defects and their subsequent rectification, remediation or repair.
* Leading investigations and problem-solving exercises (SPOT-On or equivalent) into significant supplier failures and major (CAT 1) and recurring non- conformances, monitoring supplier implementation of corrective and preventive action plans.
* Establishing procedures for the progressive collation of learning amongst the operation's team and monitoring the implementation of subsequent continual improvement.
* Ensure Elizabeth Line Observations are undertaken effectively, meeting defined targets and involve all relevant stakeholders e.g. RfLi Engineering and Infrastructure Managers.
* Ensure the operation's team review and effective implementation of ITPs, sub- contractor/supplier quality plans, quality system procedures, test plans, quality improvement plans.
* Production of periodic quality reports to provide visibility of Elizabeth Line performance.
* Support the periodic Quality Focus Meeting (QFM) process to ensure any quality issues are captured and actions are progressed.
* Support the Elizabeth Line operation's team review in the timely compilation and "right first time" submission of certification packages to support the ongoing assurance of the works.
* Develop and present quality training to the Elizabeth Line operations.
* Establishing an effective working relationship with the Elizabeth Line leadership team to ensure support and oversight of the operations team's management of the operator.
* Acting as the point of contact for Elizabeth Line related quality issues.
* Providing leadership and guidance to the Quality Assurance Engineers to successfully undertake their duties.
* Ensuring that the Elizabeth Line operations team's corporate quality KPIs are managed and achieved. * Developing Elizabeth Line specific quality KPIs as required
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Crossrail/Elizabeth Line in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Act as a role model for Crossrail/Elizabeth Line's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail/Elizabeth Line's information or information systems at risk.
* Degree qualified in an Engineering Discipline or equivalent experience
* Chartered Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (MCQI CQP)
* Experience of leading multidisciplinary quality teams on rail or major civil engineering construction projects.
* Experience of implementing QA/QC programs on rail and major civil engineering construction projects