East London, London
about 2 years ago
There is a vacancy available for a Requirements Engineer to come onto the Crossrail project on a contract-basis at least until mid-2020 in East London.
Department: Assurance (Requirements)
Directorate: Technical Directorate
PLEASE NOTE: This is a role involving technical assurance and will require specific experience in this.
- To implement the Requirements Management activities and, Verification and Validation processes across the Crossrail Programme at various stages of the Program Assurance/Integration
- Implement compliance checking process and provide inputs to the design verification and validation activities and Crossrail Integration Processes.
- Focused on Rail System disciplines i.e. Signalling, Communication & Control and Station Systems including MEP Systems, responsible for validation of applicable Programme Requirements through traceability analysis of the performance specifications, design specifications and testing activities.
- Ensure all Design & Build contractors are engaged with Crossrail Requirements Management and V&V processes.
- Allocate requirements and agree with PM/PEs/PFEs allocation of the requirements to the contracts and work packages.
- Capable of representing Crossrail Requirements team in technical review processes to provide V & V inputs.
- Capable of producing technical reports and compliance statements to meet the Crossrail Handover Requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of the Verification and Validation processes
- Completion of V&V reports
- Configuring DOORS/CP2/DXL
- Undertaking design reviews and compliance management
- Collation of validation evidences, ideally within rail systems
- Experience of using the IBM DOORS Requirements Management Tool and basic capability to configure tool for compliance management and access control features. Proficiency in DXL and ComplyPro configuration will be an added advantage.
- Have a Systems Engineering background in a large multi-disciplined Rail System project environment.
- Knowledge of Requirements Management as applied to major railway infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
- Understanding of relevant standards and tools used in the Systems engineering / requirements management arena with the aptitude to develop skills further.
- System engineering Lifecycles - awareness of different lifecycles and experience of the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects.
- Experience of Requirements Management within context of providing evidence for
- Ability to interface with railway domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Professional qualification in engineering or an associated discipline.
For further Rail & Aviation Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson