Up to £0.00 per annum
10 months ago
Requirements Engineer for HS2 Project to work in London.
Permanent staff position.
Competitive Salary and excellent benefits package.
As the Requirements Engineer, you will lead the development of requirements and assumptions for a designated discipline or area team to meet the project objectives (outputs, timescale and cost).
This role is within the Specification and Assurance team as part of the wider Infrastructure Directorate which provides technical support and assurance across the project.
- Analyse and appraisal of Project documents, such as design documents, reports, strategies, etc. applying system engineering techniques to identify Sponsor/Stakeholder needs and decomposing them to demonstrate traceability.
- Work consultatively and achieve agreements with stakeholders and third parties in agreeing their technical requirements and acceptance activity.
- Work consultatively with other Directorates to agree and develop integrated programme wide requirements solution for programme.
- Engage with the Delivery teams to define the acceptance criteria for the requirements including design approval, demonstration of capability, acceptance of equipment and operability as appropriate.
- Maintain procedures and systems for requirements management in order to ensure a robust approach to requirements management within the project.
Experience A Skills Required:
- Working knowledge in the use and application of requirements and verification processes, ideally within the rail, construction and utility industries.
- Proven track record in client management of major projects and working with sponsors, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders.
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Organisational skills to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Interpersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering).
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical and technical stakeholders.