£1 - £2 per annum
7 months ago
There is a requirement for a Rolling Stock Testing Support Assistant to come onto the Crossrail project on a Fixed-term Contract in Stratford for at least 6-months.
- The client has a core team responsible for testing and commissioning of the Central Operating Section and a rolling stock team responsible for delivering and commissioning of the new Crossrail Class 345 Units.
- This role will be part of the rolling stock team tasked with supporting the COS Testing & Commissioning process.
- Work collaboratively with other Crossrail teams and suppliers to develop and deliver an integrated testing and commissioning plan for the COS.
- Actively manage Bombardier to ensure they deliver their commitments required to allow the successful testing and commissioning of the COS.
- Work alongside Crossrail's Testing & Commissioning teams ensuring that any issues are fed-back and suitably addressed.
- Highlight any specific Risk and Safety concerns and be actively involved in providing mitigating solutions.
- Work as part of a small team based in North West London. You will be required to be on-call some evening and weekends. This will also require some remote working / reporting.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of rail delivery projects.
- An understanding of asset management systems - Maximo or similar database - would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of schedule management, risk / issue management, budgetary control, approvals & acceptance, quality and safety matters.
- Educated to HNC or Degree level in a mechanical, electrical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Awareness of the safety regime within the railway industry, railway operations, engineering or manufacturing environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written), at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills and an effective team player.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders and deal with competing interests in an inclusive and pragmatic manner.
- Ability to give pragmatic and timely technical support advice to internal and external parties.