4 months ago
The Scheme Interface Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of projects through the various stages of the life cycle and to support and assist the Project Manager in delivering successful outcomes for the overall team activities.
- Managing a portfolio of projects from inception to completion, including assessing project remits, producing cost estimates, schedules of works, negotiating simple agreements with clients, signing off method statements, assessing design approvals required and monitoring site activities.
- Competence in communicating effectively with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and competence in applying management and company/industry standards and practices to day to day work.
- Competence in appreciating the impacts on the railway from the wide variety of projects characteristic of the team's work.
- Competence in planning activities and thinking clearly about objectives and timescales for achieving them.
- Competence in managing, motivating and mentoring others when required.
- Competence in persuasiveness as applicable to enforcing railway requirements on clients and contractors in a professional manner.
- Appreciation of access planning and possession requirements
- Being organised in day to day activities.
- Relevant successful construction experience in the railway industry at a professional level would be essential.
- Commercial, financial and contractual awareness and experience in cost estimating, forecasting and working to budgets and commercial/contractual/ financial criteria.
- Ability and experience in managing contractors, consultants and clients.
- Driver of behavioural improvements in both self and others in order to help the whole team succeed in meeting company objectives.
- Educated to degree level in preferably Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional, first class, consistent and effective project management abilities.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management
- Rail and construction experience
- Asset protection experience
- Previous successful experience of outside and third-party engagements
- Demonstrable understanding of CDM and Health & Safety
- Commercial, financial and contractual awareness and experience in cost estimating, forecasting and working to budgets and commercial/contractual/ financial criteria