Rail - Sector Senior Planner - Stations PDP
£1 - £2 per annum
almost 4 years ago
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for managing the Programme planning function within the Stations, Portals and Shafts within delivery, including plans and schedules as well as the coordination and appropriate deployment of capabilities of planning staff. Also responsible for the identification and management of interfaces with other areas, Industry Partners and Client Programme functions.
- Managing, updating and maintaining Client Integrated Level 1 Schedule and Interface Schedule
- Monitoring and communicating, to stakeholders, any key schedule issues, risks and opportunities including testing and commissioning and handover activities.
- Direct and ensure appropriate deployment of planning resources for effective development, integration, quality and reporting of programme plans and schedules as well as adherence to processes.
- Actively support initiatives to deliver the highest levels of planning and scheduling collaboration to enable comprehensive identification of interface requirements.
- Monitor and ensure planning and scheduling standards and processes are adhered to enable the timely and regular transfer of accurate and coherent information into the relevant schedules and performance reports.
- Provide strategic planning and project management support to the team as required and proactively work with the project delivery teams to encourage project management leading practice. Also strategically promote the use of developed schedule related strategies, tools and associated projects.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
- To actively support Client initiatives and processes to achieve the highest standards of planning and scheduling collaboration across the entire Client Programme.
- To effectively manage planning resources to efficiently deliver the planning and scheduling data analysis to support the successful management of the programme
- To work with stakeholders to ensure that planning and scheduling tools and process provide a dynamic response to the programme's management needs.
- To work in a collaborative manner with the Head of Planning to ensure that respective component parts of the MOHS properly reflects the scope of work to be delivered.
- To work in a collaborative manner with the Head of Planning to ensure that the linkages and dependencies between the component parts of the MOHS are accurately reflected in the plan
- Educated to at least degree level, or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience of working on schedule development and reporting on a major infrastructure programme.
- Experience of schedule development in Primavera Project Manager P6.
- Experience of implementing earned value techniques.