11 months ago
Job Title: Sector Specialist - Rail
Our client is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Our client operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our Infrastructure colleagues' team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries to power and connect communities.
This is a global role in the Rail sector for the Infrastructure Business Line, working across all global regions. The Rail sector covers the full spectrum of guided transportation systems including: High-Speed Lines, Conventional, Freight, Urban City Metros and Light Rail schemes.
Requires a dynamic and innovative professional with a deep knowledge of the Rail industry and exposure to project development and execution. Participates in Rail sector strategy development, market evaluation and execution planning activities including market and customer evaluation, competitor assessments, strategic win plan development, industry trends, drivers and critical needs, and for recommending teaming arrangements, strategic relationships, alternative bidding strategies and execution lessons learned implementation techniques. Reports to and receives operational and functional supervision from the global Sector Lead for Rail. Provides as required support to the regional General Managers and Regional Marketing and Business Development Managers. The role features a unique opportunity to shape and implement Client's approach to connected infrastructure strategies that will change the way we live and work.
- Undertake extensive research, monitoring and evaluation of Rail market trends, understand customer challenges and target market needs. Recommend strategic new services, technical capabilities and sector needs that the company should pursue.
- Keep informed of customers' present and future plans for growth, projects, and programmatic and technical requirements.
- Perform necessary research on customer and competition, developing alternate strategies related to value proposition and service offerings.
- Maintain a strategic initiative database and progress for the sector.
- Identify and develop Rail opportunities globally.
- Establish, develop and manage both client and partner relationships and be able to demonstrate Client capabilities in this space.
- Participate in planning the business development strategy for Rail opportunities.
- Help analyze the financial background of targeted prospects.
- Support and/or lead other aspects of the Rail strategy implementation including the identification and development of opportunities in other industry verticals.
- Participate in the formalization of the Rail sector strategy, including vendor/product evaluations.
- Demonstrate thorough use of personal knowledge, supplemented by other Client personnel, to resolve how Client can improve its execution and delivery plans.
- Support the preparation of corporate approval documents related to prospective work.
- Must have 10 years of experience in various roles for Rail strategy and business development.
- Ability to learn new technologies and assess the value of business goals and strategy.
- Knowledge of company capabilities and services available to customers.
- Knowledge of current resources to identify Rail market and industry trends.
- Deep understanding of competitive products and consumer trends and experience in developing qualification documents, proposals, and customer presentations.
- Ability to sell Client's value proposition, execution approach and commercial positions to customers through knowledge and authenticity.
- Skill in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability in making presentations to customers and management.
- Demonstrated initiative and intensity in pursuit of new work and improved project execution.
- Self-directed, requires limited daily supervision or guidance.
- Proven ability to work effectively in dynamic environments.
- Ability to influence internally without direct authority with strong covenant-based behavior.
- Works well with teams and other departments.
- Responsive to internal and external customers with consistent follow-up and follow-through.
- Knowledge of corporate policies and directives related to proposal and contract formulation
- Good proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel