Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £395 per day
5 months ago
Working on the Electrical Safety Delivery programme.
* Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to deliver a cost effective, high quality and safe approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects. Review all relevant legislation and liaise with relevant governmental departments.
* Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the functional discipline and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing.
* Apply engineering controls and procedures to all projects and check whether all design and construction contracts include reference to appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards applicable to their discipline.
* Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed in accordance with Network Rail Environmental Policy.
* Monitor all projects for compliance with Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards and Network Rail project control procedures.
* Advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. Monitor whether the design and construction elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
* Assure whether contractors' design, construction and specialist personnel are competent.
* Undertake reviews of design and construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors to monitor whether safety and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
* Undertake the duties of nominated design and construction / design construction engineer.
* Undertake accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.