about 1 year ago
Senior Permanent Way Design Engineers (Crewe, Birmingham & Derby)
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
To meet our growth ambitions, we are seeking a motivated candidate to undertake the duties of a Senior Permanent Way Design Engineer in our Crewe office to assist delivering a portfolio of the biggest and most challenging UK projects. We will also expect this individual to take a lead role on delivering a number of projects within the local market. There will also be the opportunity to work on overseas projects and with our internationally based design teams.
The individual we seek is a motivated, eager to develop, results driven and willing to embrace innovation in design. They should be able to demonstrate that they have experience in leading the process of design on projects, whilst also delivering great outcomes for our people and clients. We will value you for going beyond to exceed expectations and deliver innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we can't achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards, benefits and development opportunities.
- A minimum of BTEC HNC qualified in Civil Engineering (or BA in an engineering field).
- Eng Tech from either PWI, ICE or IMech and willing to progress towards Incorporated or Chartered status.
- Experience in all aspects of permanent way design and the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway projects.
- Experienced at adhering to corporate assurance processes, recording design decisions and production of designer's risk assessments.
- Ability to produce Technical reports.
- Experienced user of Bentley MicroStation, Bentley Rail Track design software production and proven record of working within a BIM environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK rail industry standards, policies and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of Gauging requirements and ClearRoute outputs.
- Experience of interfacing with Clients and excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to work flexibly to deliver projects to time and budget.
- Committed to the technical development of others.
- Experience of leading the PWay design on projects.
- Experienced user of ClearRoute 2 and ProjectWise.
- Experience of working on bids and leading single discipline aspects of bids.