Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
over 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To prepare periodic progress reports of Level 2 schedules. Supporting the project teams with all planning related activities associated with the management of their contracts and reporting requirements. Participating and supporting the project teams in project and programme planning and progress meetings. Identifying and maintaining programme/project milestone and schedule interface activities.
Supporting in relation to:
- Performing and/or coordinating, collecting, verifying, and integrating the work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviewing the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishing the conceptual scope of schedule studies.
- Preparing and analysing comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performing productivity analysis of construction operations. Establishing the productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviewing labour estimates for reasonableness.
- Establishing milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviewing project work activities in support of project milestones. Coordinating the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
- Preparing and or reviewing schedule logic and duration changes in conjunction with the project team to determine whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule and comply with NEC contractual processes. These processes include: checking that plans are complete and reflect the contractual scope of work, time risk allowances are clearly shown and in conjunction with other project team members reviewing cost loading submissions.
- Planning, coordinating, and establishing the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty and designating reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviewing completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Reviewing and evaluating schedule durations for all disciplines' activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervising/directing the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
- Planning, organising, and supervising schedule resource loading and analysis. Coordinating development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrating appropriate manpower requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determining quantity and manpower levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy
- Obtaining schedule information required by all disciplines. Identifying schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Working with all departments to provide an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Integrating all schedule activities. Identifying schedule considerations and problems resulting from interdisciplinary or group restraints and interfaces.
- Verifying consistency with previous reports to facilitate compatibility. Issuing reports in support of the programmes reporting processes.
- Performing project schedule analysis and studying of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommending alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Preparing and presenting schedule impact reports. Leading the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Monitoring that schedule backup and historical archiving is carried out in accordance with programme requirements.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Providing support for the planning and scheduling processes that are required to manage contracts and contractor schedules
- Providing support for the programmes progress and reporting requirements
- Maintaining up to date and accurate schedule interface requirements
- Adhering to NEC contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions
- Maintaining an awareness of Commitments and Undertakings and support efforts to manage the requirements to avoid breach.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Project Manager and Project Teams
- Contractor Project Manager and Planning Staff
- Sector Planner Stations and Head of Planning
- Area Programme Controls Leads
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Working knowledge of PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications.
- Working knowledge of multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Testing & Commissioning experience from working on several major civil infrastructure projects.