£417 - £432 per day + Inside IR35
about 2 months ago
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Acting as Designated Project Engineer and/or Project Engineer for Telecoms related projects or those with a Telecoms input
- Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the functional discipline and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing, along with applying engineering controls and procedures to all projects so all design and construction contracts.
- Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed.
- Ensure projects are monitored for compliance and advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision.
- Undertake reviews of design and construction activities.
- Arrange audits of contractors to monitor whether safety and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
- Significant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in the asset management lifecycle projects across multi discipline areas
- Technical qualifications to at least degree level or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Experience of managing contractors and suppliers
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects
- Knowledge of safety management and quality assurance
- Understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of works
- Accident investigation experience
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Chartered status or equivalent in the particular discipline (or working towards)
- Appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works