Leeds, West Yorkshire
about 2 years ago
There is a requirement for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to come onto the Transpennine Route Upgrade on a permanent-basis in Leeds.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance, support and advice on all commercial issues
- Delegation of appropriate work to junior staff, whilst maintaining accountability
- Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
- Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
- Have an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc.
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
- Drafting of complex subcontract arrangement including professional services & appropriate terms of engagement.
- Identification and advice upon of insurance related issues, including PI.
- Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
- Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
- Assist in work winning duties as required, including technical writing for PQQ responses.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree qualification
- CSCS (White / Gold Card)
- Registered with RICS / ICES and working towards chartership
- Full driving licence
- Commercially astute.
- Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract (NEC & JCT) and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
- Programming techniques, project controls, risk analysis, contract admin, procurement, cost, claims.