Up to £500.00 per day
almost 3 years ago
The is a position to lead and manage the contractor in delivery of the HSR rolling stock in consultation with the client and integration with engineering and operations disciplines.
- Reports to the Core Systems Development Manager.
- Provides and demonstrates safety leadership by example, fostering a culture of continuous improvement in all related activities.
- Uses the language and processes of the Engineering profession; embrace continual professional development; adhere to the professional code of ethics.
- Act as the key point of contact and liaison for all matters related to the development of the rolling stock, on behalf of the Core Systems Development Manager.
- Reviews the standards and codes to ensure their applicability for the Texas High Speed Rail.
- Manages the assessment and capture of all rolling stock requirements, including requisite power and guaranteed fully loaded braking profiles according to applicable standards, in close cooperation with the (potential) end users, in terms of commercial, operational, environmental and technical requirements in a timely and efficient manner design complies with the necessary codes and standards as applicable
- Undertake design and constructability reviews of the ongoing works, to make sure compliance is achieved to Standards, and work methods are acceptable.
- Provide expertise and specifications as required in support of the definition of rolling stock servicing and maintenance facilities, processes and procedures.
- Be accountable for the quality of output delivered by the designer(s).
- Advise upon and provide design input relating to interfaces between rolling stock and other system elements such as track, signalling and communications.
- Gains and maintains full understanding of the design gate approval process adopted on the project.
- Actively partakes in the Design Gate Approval process.
- Actively stays informed of any new standards, Approved Codes of Practice, etc., issued by client and/or external professional engineering bodies, to ensure their planned incorporation into the design process, and within the scope of the contract.
- Ensures Design Risk Assessments are undertaken with residual risks notified to the relevant parties.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in design and detail
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing a design team.
- Good general Industry experience in Rail.
- Good on-site technical and practical knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge across all areas of mechanical design and good knowledge of civil design.
- Substantial experience in the railway sector, with proven international expertise in the design and delivery of HSR rolling stock for various railway projects and maintenance operations.
- North American as well as international passenger rolling stock expertise is desirable for this position.
- Understanding of the configuration, compatibility, maintainability and accommodation demands of various on-board signalling equipment.
- Full understanding and experience in Hazard Study and rail car fire safety assessments.
- Experience of Stress Analysis/FEA.
- Experience using the following construction management and design software packages: - Aconex, Bentley Projectwise and Revit.
- Exposure to BIM (Building Information Modelling).
- Experience of safely engineering Projects/Activities on brownfield sites.
- Experience of using general PC basic software packages, e.g., MS Office, etc.
- Experience in the use of planning software, i.e., primavera.
- Minimum of Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering Discipline.