Birmingham, West Midlands
£0.00 - £420.00 per annum + Public Sector IR35
about 3 years ago
To lead the development of all aspects of the railway system development to support submission of the Hybrid Bill. This requires coordination throughout the organisation, facilitating the assurance of technical submissions from Professional Service Consultants (PSCs) to determine end to end compliance with standards and requirements of the totality of the Phase Two network.
- Act as the interface between the development directorate and the Railway Operations Directorate.
- Ensure the Hybrid Bill designs for Phase Two meets the requirements of the 'end state' railway in terms of operability and reliability.
- Lead the provision of expert technical and engineering input from a railway systems perspective to support the Hybrid Bill design through parliament including additional provisions, freedom of information requests, and technical requests.
- Provide technical guidance to the Area teams, drawing on expertise from within to inform and support PSCs in delivering the whole railway system.
- Act as the interface between Technical Directorate and the area teams ensuring design development and issues are consistently addressed.
- Identify, assess and manage project wide design risks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Chartered engineer (or equivalent relevant experience).
- Extensive knowledge of railway operations / engineering design principles required to achieve optimal design outputs.
- Detailed knowledge of conventional railway systems and an appreciation of High Speed railway systems and their differences.
- Ability to carry out robust independent checks on a wide variety of designs and produce, interpret and assess specifications, standards and technical reports.
- Ability to resolve complex design problems, demonstrating a tenacious approach to tackling problems whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a range of multidisciplinary stakeholders, demonstrating excellent influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate, engage and influence a variety of stakeholders through working within a matrix organisation.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong team management, planning and organisational skills, and the ability to deliver under pressure to meet tight deadlines whilst gathering input from other functions.
- At least 3 years systems experience working on projects which include involvement with traction power and OLE work.