Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
8 months ago
Purpose of the Job
To drive effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and escalation of problems.
- Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Completing daily reports; keeping the Deputy Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role.
- Driving the delivery of site progress to completion of installation handover packages to facilitate commencement of testing and commissioning.
- Assisting the contractor and construction team with the collation of installation handover files.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Supporting the Employer in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity.
- Supporting the Employer in protecting reputation through management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents and commitments.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Reports to a designated Deputy Construction Manager.
- Collaborates closely with contractor's and subcontractor's representatives
- Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives.
- Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works.
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures.
Role Specific Requirements
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of railway communications systems.
- CSCS Construction Site Operative ticketed.