South East London, London
almost 2 years ago
A Site Engineer is required on the Crossrail project on a contract basis.
- To support effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems.
- Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility
- Facilitating interfaces at designated sites, including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing the productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to help facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Monitoring contractor's compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works.
- Understanding of project controls processes.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Knowledge of railway/depot works
- Previous relevant experience in the construction or testing and commissioning project delivery of rail or depot works in the rail industry.
- To drive the programme and be results driven.
- To produce progress reports of construction and T&C activities.