City of London, London
8 months ago
A Site Manager of Construction is required on the Crossrail project in Central London on a contract basis.
- To support the Business to enable the contractor to efficiently honour their contract through the coordination of interfaces, interrogation of his programme, and the monitoring and reporting of progress for a particular area of responsibility.
- Overseeing construction activities of construction contracts within the area of responsibility at each geographic location or system-based area.
- Monitoring the contractor's management of direct hire and subcontract relations and facilitating the utility/rail interfaces on site.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Interrogating the contractor's Work Programme and liaising with the contractor to seek notice of activities and interventions.
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring Contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and Snag List items at contract level.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of work on comparable major project infrastructure works
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents