over 1 year ago
Purpose of the Job
To support the Business to enable the contractor to efficiently honour their contract through the coordination of interfaces, interrogation of his programme, and the monitoring and reporting of progress for an area of responsibility
Support the Business in relation to the following:
- Supporting the Project Manager in preparing communications and instructions to contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Overseeing construction activities of construction contracts within the area of responsibility at each geographic location or system-based area.
- Monitoring the contractor's management of direct hire and subcontract relations and facilitating the utility/rail interfaces on site.
- Supporting interfaces between the assigned principle contractor and other adjacent or follow-on Clients contracts on site.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Completing daily reports; keeping the Project Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress, site issues & site performance.
- Supporting the Project Manager in key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractor's activity in community relations and performance against the Commitment Compliance Plan.
- Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
- Interrogating the contractor's Work Programme and liaising with the contractor to seek notice of activities and interventions.
- Monitoring contractor's compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring Contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and Snag List items at contract level.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with Environmental, Safety & Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role
- The review and acceptance of Contractor initiated submittals as specified in the CMDL.
- The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Clients Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures always.
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk.
- Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of work on comparable major project infrastructure works to budget and programme
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering Tier 1 main contractors and sub-contractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents