Birmingham, West Midlands
£330.00 - £331 per day
about 3 years ago
Develops and delivers the plan for engaging with the affected communities and their representatives and creates strong stakeholder relationships in order to achieve organisational objectives.
- Develop and implement regional and local plans for community engagement to ensure there is public awareness of: the project; its benefits and local impacts; the support provides to affected communities; and how they can get involved in the development of the railway.
- Engage with local representative groups to identify appropriate channels for engagement, particularly with those who are vulnerable or require additional support.
- Maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships, apprising Ministers and senior employees and civil servants of progress.
- Work with community stakeholders and local representatives to minimise objections to the Hybrid bill.
- Through engagement, gather relevant information to ensure the organisation understands how the proposals impact on local communities.
- Represent in the region, including with local elected representatives and business groups, and act as spokesperson in local and regional media.
- Ensure all engagement is recorded in line with organisational policies.
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed to promote knowledge and understanding of community views and concerns within the organisation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate experience engaging and working with communities, including in a hostile and complex
- Demonstrable track record of using strong communication and interpersonal skills to establish and
- maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including local communities,
- business representatives, and elected representatives.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver a local engagement strategy
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Experience of presenting a large amount of complex information to a wide range of stakeholders in an appropriate style.
- Able to operate effectively within a community engagement or consultation forum environment.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering sensitive - and at times distressing -messages to the
- individuals and community groups
- Experience of line managing staff.
- Experience of working in a large infrastructure project environment is desirable.
- A local authority background would be useful although but not essential.