Birmingham, West Midlands
£330.00 - £331 per day
11 months ago
Develops and delivers the plan for engaging with the affected communities and their representatives and creates strong stakeholder relationships in order to achieve organisational objectives.
- Develop and implement regional and local plans for community engagement to ensure there is public awareness of: the project; its benefits and local impacts; the support provides to affected communities; and how they can get involved in the development of the railway.
- Engage with local representative groups to identify appropriate channels for engagement, particularly with those who are vulnerable or require additional support.
- Maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships, apprising Ministers and senior employees and civil servants of progress.
- Work with community stakeholders and local representatives to minimise objections to the Hybrid bill.
- Through engagement, gather relevant information to ensure the organisation understands how the proposals impact on local communities.
- Represent in the region, including with local elected representatives and business groups, and act as spokesperson in local and regional media.
- Ensure all engagement is recorded in line with organisational policies.
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed to promote knowledge and understanding of community views and concerns within the organisation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate experience engaging and working with communities, including in a hostile and complex
- Demonstrable track record of using strong communication and interpersonal skills to establish and
- maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including local communities,
- business representatives, and elected representatives.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver a local engagement strategy
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Experience of presenting a large amount of complex information to a wide range of stakeholders in an appropriate style.
- Able to operate effectively within a community engagement or consultation forum environment.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering sensitive - and at times distressing -messages to the
- individuals and community groups
- Experience of line managing staff.
- Experience of working in a large infrastructure project environment is desirable.
- A local authority background would be useful although but not essential.