City of London, London
22 days ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Delivery Team in the coordination, delivery and technical aspects of the construction activities whilst ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements are achieved.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Support the Employer in relation to the following:
- Manage, supervise and mentor section and site engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and appropriate records.
- Develop section programmes and forecast budgets with Agent, derive simple indices to assess actual programme and productivity achieved and prepare reports for weekly and monthly reviews and measures for the QS department.
- Ensure all site activities are fully coordinated to prevent clashes, delays or inefficient working.
- Be fully conversant with subcontractor's contract conditions and responsibilities and manage their works within the requirements of the contract whilst keeping the commercial team advised of change.
- Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
- Reconciliation of planned versus actual resources for compilation of weekly reports and the control and ordering of resources.
- Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation as required by these statements and plans is produced in a timely manner.
- Communicate to the QA and QS engineer non-conformances and any instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
- Support the develop of design solutions and working methods to efficiently deliver the works
- Engage with and manage Supply Chain parties in their day to day activities.
- Ensure that suitable Health, Safety and Environmental practices are engaged by all parties and that they are continually fulfilled through continual monitoring and review.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk
3. Main challenges of the job
- Ensuring the planed works are coordinated between all parties and delivered in accordance with the programme.
- Planning to ensure the design, resources and access are in place to carry out the works.
- Management of Section Engineers and Engineers within the team
- Ensuring good communication between all parties is undertaken.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships;
- Reports to the Area Agent
- Works closely with all members of the Project Team including immediate colleagues within the Arch and Civil Team, MEP, planners, Assurance and Health and Safety.
- Liaise with the Project Designers.
- Works closely with the Supply Chain.
5. Person Specification
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience,
- Experience in undertaking site-based construction activities on major infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
- Health and Safety training to a minimum of SSSTS.