East London, London
Up to £1 per annum
over 2 years ago
There is a requirement for a Supervisor's Representative on the Crossrail Project based in Canary Wharf for at least 6 months on a contract or a fixed-term contract basis (inside IR35).
- Responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of construction, testing and commissioning activities within area of responsibility, supported by Field Engineers for each contract, geographic location and/or for system.
- Has delegated duties and responsibilities of the Supervisor under NEC3 ECC, where agreed.
- Reviewing and accepting Systemwide contractor technical submittals, (including method statements and work package plans where obligated by third party agreements only). Coordinating support for input to this activity from Field Engineering, HSE, Quality Manager, Construction Manager and Railway Systems, as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the Contractor has processes and procedures in place to ensure compliance with the Works Information.
- Leading the Field Engineering input to the RFI / NCR / FCD process, and where required coordinating input from the Railway Systems discipline specialists.
- Providing input into engineering solutions/ field sketches/ specifications to resolve site based queries, with support from Field Engineers, and elevating issues to the Project Field Engineering Manager, Systemwide and/ or the Railway Systems.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance with the Works Information.
- Act as the point of contact with the Contractor's Quality Manager.
- Providing input to the review and acceptance of the sub-contractors' and suppliers' Quality Plan.
- Reviewing and accepting installation and test Certificates.
- Reviews and accepts Contractors Red Line drawings and As Built drawings.
- Reviewing the Contractor's Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), compiling comments, validating the required witness and review points, based on the respective technical and quality specification of the contract, and applicable code requirements.
- Providing technical direction to the Field Engineers for inspections and tests.
- Providing input to the Contract Administrator on costs to be disallowed related to quality issues and NCRs.
- Degree in engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of work on comparable railway systems engineering project works.
- Significant knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Significant knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations.
- Ideally, experience in a senior role delivering a Platform Screen Doors project including the review of design, construction and test.
- Experience in a senior role delivering a Railway Systems project including the review of design, construction and test.
- Significant experience in the railway industry in a Railway Systems environment.