Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
about 1 year ago
Lead and manage a team of discipline-based Lead and Field Assurance Engineers to be accountable for:
- Represent the Chief Engineer by providing Technical Acceptance of the Contractors' submissions (including method statements and work package plans, on a risk-based approach and where obligated by third party agreements) to ensure compliance with the Employer's Requirements, the NEC3 Contract, the Works Information Volumes 2A/B/C and Technical Assurance Plan, processes and procedures.
- Provide day-to-day technical direction to the Field Assurance Engineers in the conduct of their duties.
- Disposition and approval of changes to technical requirements (as delegated by the Chief Engineer), including relevant system performance specifications and technical standards.
- Ensures the Employer's Civil/Structural design configuration is maintained.
- Provide confirmation, with the support of the responsible FDC, of the compatibility of the contractors' temporary works submissions with FDC permanent works design.
- Provide oversight of design completion and compliance for the Works and/or Element(s), including ensuring all boundaries, interfaces and systems are integrated and coordinated between interfacing contracts.
- Provide resolution of arising technical issues, RFI's, FCD's, NCR's, derogations and concessions.
- Support the production and acceptance of the Employer's Verification Activity Plans, including review and acceptance of the Contractor's Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), compiling comments, and validating the required Witness, and Review points based on the respective technical and quality specification of the contract and applicable code requirements (supported by the Project Manager, the Chief Engineer and Quality Manager).
- Monitor contractors' compliance with their ITP's and undertaking identified witness and review points on behalf of the Chief Engineer during execution of the Works.
- Provide risk-based assessment of assurance evidence produced by Contractors in areas including materials compliance, requirements compliance, interface management, verification and validation, RAMS, EMC and As-Built information.
- Liaise with Crossrail Infrastructure Managers to facilitate their ultimate acceptance of the Works.
- Represent the project at relevant technical panels, design reviews, etc. including those attended by external parties.
- Carry out the role and function as the named Supervisor's Representative under the NEC3 Contract and as further defined within Crossrail's Quality Management System and the Contractors obligations for a self-assuring framework.
- Support the Project Manager to coordinate obligations (Client, Designer and Principle Designer) under CDM 2015 as set out in the CDM Procedure and Project Execution Information.
- As part of Assurance Process provide technical representation for and on behalf of the Chief Engineer for acceptance of witnessing tests, inspections and verification activities for the Works.
- Management of the relevant Framework Design Consultant contract(s) for the project, including undertaking the role of the Employer's Agent under these contracts.
- Managing Utilities design coordination (where scope is to do so) and obtaining acceptance from Utility suppliers and 3rd Party stakeholders.
- Support the Project Manager in the responsibility for compliance with the LU Development Agreement (See Volume 2B Part 11), Docklands Light Railway Interface [Part 12], and Network Rail Interface [Part 10] where applicable.
- Monitoring the contractor's compliance with Environmental, Safety & Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Reviewing and accepting the Contractors Commitments Compliance Plans, Construction Certificates, Red-line Drawings and data to support the Employer's Completion Process and Handover Management Plan.
- Managing the NCR and snagging processes at the contract level.
- Assisting the Project Manager with the authorisation of payment certificates. Providing input to the Business Manager on costs to be disallowed related to quality issues and NCRs
Main challenges of the job
- Leading and Managing a team responsible for the Project's technical compliance and assurance of the works
- Maintaining the design configuration for the scoped asset and its interfaces
- Complying with the Project programme
- Technical Assurance of the Works in accordance with the Employer's (FDC) designs
- Works verification activities in support of Quality Control processes and procedures
- Manage FDC/Contractor Designer's mitigation plans to effective conclusions
- Degree/ HND qualified engineer or equivalent experience (preferably Chartered/ Incorporated)
- Technical competency assessment criteria for Senior Field Assurance Engineer
- Site based experience of engineering and/or construction on major infrastructure projects, including experience of design, pre- construction activities, construction including MEP fit-out works, testing & commissioning phases and the associated assurance thereof
- Extensive knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations
- Excellent communications and team-working skills
- Proven team leader