East London, London
about 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a System Integration Test & Commission Manager to come onto the Crossrail project until at least the beginning of 2021 on a FIXED-TERM CONTRACT in Westferry, East London.
- To manage the safe and efficient execution of the system integration testing required to verify and validate the performance of the Elizabeth Line railway systems on behalf of the Crossrail Project. This will enable entry into both the Trial Running and Trial Operations phases with a view to facilitating the timely opening of the Elizabeth Line for passenger service.
- Manage and plan prescribed integration tests across all railway sub systems including Signalling, Train, Platform Screen Doors, Customer Information Systems, Radio, Communications, Driver Only Operation and Power.
- Identify gaps, risks and hazards in the testing undertaken to date and propose mitigation actions including specifying additional client-led testing
- Writing and reviewing integration test scripts on behalf of Crossrail
- Attending site to witness integration tests and produce test reports
- Analysing test data and reports and working with the Technical Directorate and the supply chain to resolve test logs and defects
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience and detailed knowledge of testing and commissioning into service complex railway systems including power, signalling & train and interfacing sub systems.
- Experience of metro and/or NR infrastructure
- Experience of onsite testing, test procedures, tools and logs & reports.
- Experienced of working closely with the supply chain to enable safe and efficient test environments.
- Experience of working closely with Technical colleagues and the supply chain to undertake root cause analysis and resolve test logs and system defects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and influence. Able to be assertive without causing unnecessary conflict, and to interact and communicate effectively with people.
- Able to multitask and manage conflicting priorities, used to working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Strong customer orientation focussed on the ultimate objectives of this major capital investment programme for London
- Experience of testing & commissioning of rail systems
- Experience of signalling testing including writing test scripts
- Experience of planning and executing tests on site
- Experience of system integration
- Experience of major infrastructure projects
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/