Rail - T&C Coordinator (Systems Integration) - London
City of London
about 3 years ago
There is a requirement for a T&C Coordinator - Systems Integration on the Crossrail project for at least a year on a contract-basis, located at various stations in London.
- To work with the existing site-based T&C Co-ordinators to ensure a common approach to the integration of the principle user interfaces (Systems) within the stations, with particular focus on station operation rooms (SOR) and Crossrail control centre. This is to be done in a manner that ensures full integration between systems across the Central Operating Section of Crossrail.
- Document the strategy for SOR integration both within the station and more widely with the Route Control Centre (RCC)
- Ensure that all systems integration and testing is completed by applying the strategy and managing multiple stakeholders across contracts in a complex matrix organisation
- Fully engage with the end users from LUL, RFL and MTR and support the handover and adoption of the systems in the SOR and RCC
- Apply practical systems integration know-how and control room experience to ensure a fully integrated set of station systems
- Provide in-depth technical support to each individual project team in their preparations and during the testing and commissioning of MEP and systemwide equipment as well as support to their management of systemwide interfaces on the project in the context of control room integration
- Reviewing Testing and Commissioning documentation produced by the individual Contractors
- Monitor/report progress towards Testing & Commissioning of the Station including ensuring evidence of satisfactory results are compiled and processed in support of the assurance strategy
- Collaborate and co-operate with other CRL entities involved in station system delivery, Chief Engineer's Group and systemwide test teams
- Support each station-based team in managing interfaces during integration and commissioning, and inputs to conducting testing across multiple contracts
Skills & Experience Required:
- Systems integration professional with suitable experience of control room systems preferably on London Underground and/or mass transit rail station systems - this role is not suitable for a designer
- All-round experience across multiple control room systems rather than a specialist in a single discipline - Data networking (LAN & WAN), SCADA, comms including: radio, CCTV, PAVA, telephony, CIS, etc and other head end equipment, panels and workstations
- Highly motivated to drive completion and close out of project activities ensuring systems integration integrity of the holistic Railway System
- Sufficiently assertive to succeed in the matrix environment with confidence gained through achievement of tangible results on previous projects
- Extensive experience and knowledge in managing the full lifecycle of MEP and Communications systems for Stations and Rail Systems, including the management of testing and commissioning of control rooms.
- Ability to form positive relationships and interfaces with all stakeholders, management, and functional groups
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Railway Infrastructure projects, including knowledge of the application of the CDM Regulations and the CSM-RA process for system risk management and control
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/