Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
about 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To support effective delivery of the Testing and Commissioning of the Signalling works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems.
- Overseeing testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility
- Facilitating interfaces at designated sites, including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of tested quantities against forecasts.
- Completing daily reports; keeping the Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Supporting the Project Manager in managing key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor.
- Providing testability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
- Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Monitoring contractor's compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer / Construction Manager in monitoring contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and snag list items at contract level.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role
- The review and acceptance of contractor submittals as allocated.
- The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Supporting the Project Manager in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity.
- Supporting the Project Manager in relation to understanding and ensuring the coordination and integration of Testing and Commissioning activities to fulfil all defined requirements, including schedule, cost, and self-assured quality for assigned systems/assets.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all the key stakeholders in a large multi-tier infrastructure project.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Reports to a designated Construction Manager
- Works closely with Project Field Engineer, Business Manager, other Site Engineers, Area HSE representatives, Community Relations representatives
- Collaborates closely with contractor's and subcontractor's representatives
- Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
Role Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of signalling systems (e.g. communication based Signalling Systems)
- Previous relevant experience in the testing and commissioning project delivery of signalling systems in the rail industry
- To drive the programme and be results driven
- To produce progress reports of construction and T&C activities
- To have proactive can do attitude and be prepared to take the initiative
- A proven flexible problem solver with project delivery experience