Up to £0.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Purpose of the Job
The role is to support the T&C Manager with the delivery of an integrated Telecommunications System in a railway environment. This role will focus on the SCADA system from local integration of RTU with Plant through to integration with management system.
Support the Business in relation to the following:
- Interpretation and implementation of project programme and monitoring of site based activity.
- Production of daily status reports.
- Provide on site escalation point for issues.
- Proactive solution based approach to problem solving.
- Develop working relationships with 3rd parties.
- Participate in coordinated work scheduling on a daily basis to ensure project activities are achieved in accordance with Project Programme.
- Previous experience of Telecommunications system test and commissioning preferably in a railway environment.
- Proven experience in SCADA system implementation and testing with an understanding of the supporting Data and Fibre networks.
- Experience of management system testing.
- Ability to interpret Plant Class logic to assist with fault investigation.
- Review and Audit of site documentation such as ITP's, Method Statements and Test Specifications.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Ensuring Project milestones are achieved.
- Coordination of multiple 3rd parties.
- Progressing project testing activity and monitoring fault rectification activity.
- Supporting the project in identifying key technical and quality issues for resolution.
- Supporting the project in building effective working relationships at the appropriate level within the contractor's team.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
Key working relationships
- Supporting the T&C Manager.
- Works collaboratively with 3rd parties to achieve collective goals.
- Significant technical complexity (multiple systems and interfaces).
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience
- Experienced in hands-on delivery of SCADA systems including HV power.
- Ability to work well under pressure to achieve milestones.
- Previous experience working on large scale railway related Communications projects.