East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
There is a requirement for a T&C Programme Manager on the Crossrail project for at least 9-months on a contract-basis in East London.
- To programme manage the delivery of key cross-organisation activities and milestones relating to commissioning and handover. Establish strategies and plans relating to these activities and milestones, expedite delivery across the organisation in support of these plans, hold formal reviews.
- Establish strategies and plans to support the delivery of key cross-organisation milestones and activities relating to testing, commissioning and handover.
- Ensure these strategies and plans are formally adopted by the organisation and communicated to all relevant parties.
- Assist the T&C Director by playing a full and collegiate role in the leadership, guidance and by way of creative, encouraging and active management input to the T&C team
- Develop and deliver strategic objectives and plans to support Programme Management of the testing and commissioning phase of the overall project.
- Set the timetable and process for review of each strategic plan, as agreed with the T&C Director. Actively advise on any required re-development in good time prior to the run up to the next strategic stage (e.g. where modification of a given plan is needed in a specific technical &/or organisational aspect, in good time prior to the end of Dynamic Testing, in preparation for Trial Running).
- Understand the operational implications of suggested possible courses of management action relating to T&C Strategy.
- Work with the T&C Planning and Reporting Manager and Head of T&C Strategy and Planning to devise and implement an appropriate means of managing the various T&C-related programme media.
- Contribute to the delivery of the T&C strategy communications through attendance at assigned meetings, or by harnessing assigned relationships (to be decided in consultation with the T&C Director.)
- Contribute to organisation-wide T&C-related initiatives, offering support as necessary to such events as "Day in the Life of", external media coverage, interface with borough councils, LFEPA, BTP, etc., as may be required, and as agreed with the T&C Director and the Head of T&C Strategy and Planning.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of rail T&C strategic aspects, programme management and reporting work processes.
- Ability to effectively organise and manage a project team in a matrix organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard infrastructure project management tools, rail verification and validation tools, techniques and technologies, detailed understanding of requirements and configuration management in a systems engineering context, detailed understanding of BS EN 501xx standards requirements as they relate to the realisation, verification and validation of railway systems and infrastructure, excellent knowledge of the standards, codes and guidance issued by NR and LU.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of strategic and detailed plans to realise verification and validation in accordance with the contract obligations for Crossrail Ltd.
- Excellent engineering background - preferably engineering degree qualified and qualified to Chartered Engineer status.
- Strong programme management experience
- Strong reporting and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of mainline, LU and metro rail infrastructure and station services, with a good understanding of the specialist language used in the mainline, LU and metro rail sectors.