almost 2 years ago
There is a requirement for a Tier 2/3 Supplier Assistant Project Manager to come onto the Crossrail project on a contract-basis at least until the end of April 2020 in Stratford, East London.
- Support the Business through the management of engagement and communications activities for various Tier 2 and 3 Suppliers that are working on the construction, testing, commissioning and handover phases of the Stations and Routeway Directorates.
- Report to the Supply Chain Director, providing project management and administrative support to maintain supplier stakeholder communication and engagement strategy and plans.
- Responsible for supporting the Supplier Engagement Manager to deliver supplier focused communication and engagement activity.
- Deputize for Supplier Engagement Manager where appropriate.
- Liaise with suppliers, to build productive relationships, co-ordinating communication activity as well as preparing and issuing supplier news updates.
- Ensure supplier communication activity is tracked and managed efficiently in a timely manner, appropriate for the target audience.
- Develop and maintain the supplier communication and engagement calendar
- Support the Supply Chain team in reporting and engagement activities.
- Support the delivery and manage the logistics around supplier engagement events designed to improve the quality of communication between the business and the supply chain.
- Operate and maintain supplier distribution lists, as directed.
- Assist the Supply Chain Director in the coordination of activities across the broader directorate/team.
- Keeping the team and management informed of progress and performance, escalating key issues where appropriate.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A collegiate and collaborative team worker
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to thrive in a reactive, highly pressured environment
- Resilient and able to work, at times, with limited direct support
- Ability to engage with senior/exec level stakeholders
- Previous knowledge of communication or engagement delivery
- Experience of building strong stakeholder relationships.
- Experience of managing complex and demanding interfaces.
- Experience and understanding of a rail industry culture.
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/