East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a Train Signalling Integration Engineer on the Crossrail project on a contract-basis in London.
- To support the Employer in providing Testing and Commissioning technical expertise centrally for the project. Also to support the Employer in ensuring Train & Signalling Contractors are cognisant of the Testing and Commissioning requirements of the works information and fulfil them in a manner that ensures full integration between contracts across the Central Operating Section.
- Provide in-depth technical support to each individual project team in their preparations and during the Train & Signalling contractors' static testing & commissioning as well as support to their management of interfaces on the project.
- That support to the Train & Signalling contractors for the management of interfaces will extend during commissioning and dynamic testing across multiple contracts.
- In provision of the technical support, also support development of integrated Testing and Commissioning programmes that demonstrate the coordination of systems through the Central Operating Section in support of the overall programme for delivery.
- Reviewing Testing and Commissioning documentation produced by each of the individual Contractors for adequacy and for inputting advice on the interfacing and integrating requirements for each of sub-system level test plans and associated documentation under review.
- Manage the Delivery Team requirements for their completion of their T&C progress reporting, via the periodically reported T&C Dashboard
- Collate progress made for Testing & Commissioning on the project - to be summarised in the periodically reported T&C Dashboard.
- Collaborate and co-operate with other CRL entities involved in Testing & Commissioning (including Planning; the Chief Engineer's Group; Infrastructure Managers, Integration and Assurance).
- Work with the Delivery Team and Field Engineering to ensure that suitable and sufficient evidence of Testing and Commissioning results are compiled and processed in support of the Handover strategy.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive Experience in the management of testing and commissioning of Rail Systems.
- Extensive Experience in the design of railway systems, including signalling and M&E systems.
- Knowledge of industry work processes for Testing and Commissioning rail systems.
- Understanding of interface management.
- Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums.
- Preferably I.Eng or C.Eng accredited with IET.
- Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Railway Infrastructure projects, including knowledge of the application of the CDM Regulations and the CSM-RA process for system risk management and control.