East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
*** Calling all new Mechanical Engineers ***
There is a requirement for 2 new engineers to join the Crossrail project as Assistant Engineers for the Tunnel Ventilation System.
The Crossrail programme is currently within an exciting and challenging phase, with the systemwide scope of works being integrated, tested and commissioned within both the tunnel and the stations, at an increasingly rapid pace.
A substantial and critical part of system-wide's Contract C610 is to manage the design, installation and commissioning of the permanent ventilation system. This advanced system spans 19 locations and is one of the largest and most sophisticated tunnel ventilation control systems ever constructed in Europe. The team is in need of a self-motivated graduate engineer to support, drive and oversee a range of technical, commissioning and quality related activities.
- The individual will be expected to participate fully in the Crossrail programme and to drive their own performance and progress towards relevant accreditation.
- Shadow the C610 leadership team and act as facilitators for a wide range of activities.
- Provide input into engineering solutions/specifications to resolve queries and coordinate resolution of issues where required.
- Communicate information to keep project team members informed of technical issues and progress.
- Provide support with the coordination of the supply of technical information where required and assist with managing the interface arrangements such that other disciplines are supplied with information to allow their progression.
- Receive and comment on contractor reports, attend contractor progress review meetings and develop and maintain supporting documentation.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Committed, hard-working and wants to make a difference
- 2:1 degree in engineering or construction preferred, but not essential
- 1 year industry experience preferable, but not essential
- High standards of written communication, verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning.
- Solid analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools.
- A proactive, flexible, hands-on approach to identification and resolution of problems.
- Able to identify and embrace change.
- A strong focus on internal and external customers.