Gatwick, West Sussex
almost 3 years ago
Risk, Trend, Cost and Reporting Engineer
Trend, Risk and Reporting Engineer will report to the Commercial Manager / Cost Manager and will be responsible for Trend management, and Risk assessment and management for the Programme/Project and to analyse data and prepare reports to support the Project Team.
The Engineer will demonstrate effectiveness of the trend and risk management processes ensuring that trends and risks are appropriately identified and managed throughout the project life cycle.
Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
- Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
- Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
- Maintains relationship with the clients Project Controls (Cost, Planning, Estimating, Risk) Team as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manage a Trend Programme and administer the Trend register.
- Maintain the project staffing plan and independently provide financial reporting and trending for staffing. Prepare the monthly Application for Payment for services.
- Prepare the Project Financial Status Report and other financial reporting, with oversight from the Cost Manager.
- Carry out risk and trend analysis as necessary in conjunction with the Project Team.
- Provide support to the project team in the evaluation of any major changes.
- Support the preparation of cost estimates for trends and change orders.
- Develop and implements the project risk management plan to demonstrate the delivery of value and reduction of risk exposure through active mitigation of threats and maximisation of opportunities.
- Organise and facilitate project risk identification workshops
- Develop and undertake Quantitative Risk Analysis including Cost, Schedule and integrated Cost and Schedule analyses, to enable robust forecasting and tracking of risk exposure.
- Use previous knowledge and experience gained from working on other projects and/or within the construction industry to ensure identification and management of all significant risks to achievement of project objectives.
- Undertake day-to-day risk management activities including identification, prioritisation, register management, action planning and monitoring.
- Support the project teams in quantified risk analysis on six monthly re-forecasts to ensure estimate risk allowances are based on projects risks and standard method of evaluation.
- Create, maintain and develop monthly progress reporting
- Develop, implement and support on-going development of Project Controls processes and reporting tools.
- Assist in tracking critical issues affecting Schedule. Early warning system to flag up critical issues affecting Schedule.
- Degree educated with risk management experience including evidence of delivery of major projects
- Understanding of construction contracts and the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including: project management, change control, planning & scheduling, cost & commercial management and reporting.
- Experience in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools, for example: @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis (previously Pertmaster), including the analysis of complex logic-linked cost-loaded schedules.
- Experience in the delivery of risk throughout the project lifecycle including support of investment decisions and delivery/implementation phases.
- Good understanding of construction techniques and constructability issues.
- Possess experience in providing building services cost estimation and/or Quantity Surveying services.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Collaborative working style and consulting behaviours.