Greater London, England
£50.00 - £55.00 per hour + Ltd Co Hourly Rate
about 3 years ago
Rotating Equipment Engineer based in NW London
- Design, specification, selection, and procurement of Rotating Equipment, including, compressors, pumps, packaged equipment, and their integration with the plant design.
- Assistance and support to Procurement in Purchase Order Management and Control, including attendance to Inspections and Factory Acceptance Tests held at Vendor facilities.
- Continuous monitoring of Suppliers performance in terms of cost/schedule in relation with the assigned target.
- Ensuring, controlling and monitoring compliance with the required Process Safety and HSE requirements across the project lifecycle; attendance to HAZOP & LOPA reviews for mechanical equipment.
- Dispute resolution through the analysis of the contractual documentation, time-cost-benefit analysis of alternative solutions, communication with Stakeholders and arrangement and implementation of dedicated recovery actions.
- Assistance and support to construction and commissioning activities on site.
- Sharing technical knowledge and lessons learnt with the team.
- Monitoring project execution and ensuring processes are implemented and followed.
- Ensuring proper communication within the team, and with Project Stakeholders.
- Interfacing with other engineering departments providing support in compliance with the project schedule.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Experienced in design, specification, selection, and procurement, preferably EPC contractor side, of large centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, turbines, pumps and auxiliaries.
- Working knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards related to Rotating Equipment design and construction, including, but not limited to, API 610, 682, 614, 616, 617, 618, 672, 686.
- Familiar with material selection, ASME material specifications and NACE standards for sour service.
- Field experience is appreciated and considered a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, competent in written and spoken communication and comfortable in making effective presentations, writing technical reports and preparing technical papers.