£0.01 - £1.01 per day + day rate inside of IR35
8 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
Rail Project Route Control Centre (RCC) Coordinator with Testing & Commissioning Experience based in Romford
- Previous experience within the Testing & Commissioning of the railway.
- Experience in reporting.
- Good level of IT knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Experience on Trains, Signalling or System Integration
- Undertaking presentation's and leading conference calls
To support the Employer in providing Testing and Commissioning expertise centrally for the project & to provide logistics and administrative support for the Dynamic Testing -. Also to support the Employer in ensuring Systemwide Contractors are cognisant of the Testing and Commissioning requirements of the works information and fulfil them in a manner that ensures full integration between contracts across the Central Operating Section.
- Coordinating Dynamic Testing at the RCC with direct and indirect communications with all stakeholders
- Provide logistical and administrative support prior to testing activities. (Dynamic Test Windows)
- Collating test procedures for all stakeholders and other relevant documentation.
- Attending all meetings scheduled prior to test windows to ensure full alignment.
- Issuing notifications to all key stakeholders in preparation of testing.
- Ensuring statuses of systems and software configurations are obtained and recorded.
- Producing reporting uniformed documentation for use during testing.
- Producing reporting emails for distribution during testing to be used for key stakeholders during testing.
- Distributing documentation to relevant parties prior to testing. (i.e. Test Train coordinators documentation for units and RCC coordinators documentation folders.)
- Collating Prerequisite Test Readiness Document(s) (i.e. PSD door certificates, Room Readiness Checklist, BT unit health checklist, etc.)
- Cooperate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with clients Ways of Working; encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction; never knowingly put Clients information or information systems at risk
- Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with clients Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Clients information or information systems at risk.
- To be responsible for the management of Health and Safety for direct reports.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
- Supporting the Employer in relation to understanding and ensuring the coordination and integration of Testing and Commissioning activities to fulfil all defined requirements, including schedule, cost, and self-assured quality for assigned systems/assets.
- Influencing a matrix organisation at project level to deliver a successful and Integrated Testing & Commissioning strategy.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all the key stakeholders in a large multi-tier infrastructure project.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
Key working relationships -
- Dynamic Testing Manager
- Testing & Commissioning Command & Control Coordinator
- Works closely with key individuals from all Clients project teams and Systemwide contractors - other members of the CRL T&C team, project field engineers, planners, construction project managers; project managers, quality manager, certification manager, directorate support teams and other third party stakeholders.
5. Person Specification
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience in appropriate railway systems engineering discipline experience of engineering and/or construction on railway systems engineering project projects.
- Experience in the management of testing and commissioning of Rail Systems.
- Knowledge of industry work processes for Testing and Commissioning rail systems.
- Understanding of interface management.
- Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums.
- Preferably I.Eng or C.Eng accredited with IET.
- Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Railway Infrastructure projects, including knowledge of the application of the CDM Regulations and the CSM-RA process for system risk management and control