£55000 - £65000 per annum
23 days ago
Competitive Salary plus great benefits.
This position is an integral part of our clients QSHE team and has responsibility for the provision of safety engineering support to the Southern North Sea operation. This includes ensuring compliance with UK QSHE legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, industry standards and best practice.
Working hours are 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
* Carry out competent in-house safety studies in support of PUK operations and projects including but not limited to following:
- Charing and facilitating safety studies such as HAZID, Bowtie, ALARP and PHA
- Development of Barrier Diagrams (Bowties)
- Consequence modelling using DNV GL PHAST or FLARESIM softwares is mandatory
- Mini Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA) including Event and Fault Tree development
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Fire and Explosion Risk Assessment
- Preparing Safety Case Material Changes
- Conducting 5 yearly Thorough Reviews
- Facilitating the 5 yearly COMAH submissions
* Preparing the scope of requirements, commissioning, managing and reviewing technical safety studies from competent contractors in support of operations and projects including but not limited to following:
- QRA and Cost Benefit Analysis
- Fire Fighting System Calculations and Network Analysis using Pipenet
- Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Assessment
- Probabilistic Explosion Assessment
- Quantitative/Qualitative Safety Critical System Impairment Assessment
- Occupied Building Risk Assessment
- (Note: Good knowledge of HAZOP, SIL and LOPA is desirable.)
* Provide safety engineering support for asset modification proposals and identify the appropriate safety studies that should be completed.
* Engage with operations and projects to ensure that all necessary regulatory requirements and approved codes of practice are identified, permits obtained and conditions complied with.
* Provide coaching, guidance and advice to operations, engineering and other support teams to ensure compliance with applicable legislation such as COMAH, OSDR/SCR, PFEER, DSEAR, DCR, PSR and PSSR.
* Liaise with regulatory bodies on matters of HSE, understanding regulatory drivers and providing guidance to Perenco on matters of regulatory compliance.
* Maintain current in changes to HSE legislations, codes, guidelines and industry standards, interpreting these changes and assisting in the development of actions to meet such requirements.
* Provide support to others within the team to ensure PUK requirements under Safety Case Regulations (SCR) and COMAH Regulations are achieved, including maintenance of documentation up to date and providing support and input to the periodic reviews (i.e. SCR Thorough Review Programme and COMAH 5-yearly resubmission).
* Participate in incident and accident investigation root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventative actions in support of this
* Identifying opportunities and efficiencies to improve overall QSHE standards and performance throughout the SNS Operation.
Key Skills / Experience:
* Higher technical qualification in an engineering discipline ( i.e. Process Safety, Chemical or Mechanical). This is a mandatory requirement.
* Chartered (or working towards) in Mechanical, Chemical/Process engineering is desirable.
* 10+ years' experience in Safety Engineering within the Oil & Gas industry. Experience in both design and operation is desirable.
* Software knowledge - MS Office, PHAST, PHA-Pro, BowTie XP, FLARESIM and PIPENET
* Technically confident with the ability to prepare technical reports and letters.
* Ability to work to deadlines, be organised and methodical.
* Ability to interact with senior management and regulatory bodies.