8 months ago
Purpose of the Job
The SCADA/BMS & Comms Design Engineer will support the Bond Street delivery contractors by providing technical support to both the Comms and BMS packages. You will engage with the MEP and Systemwide Contract Leads to manage the SCADA/BMS and comms interfaces.
- Coordinating all SCADA & BMS termination interfaces with 3rd party equipment
- Producing and reviewing technical submissions (RFI/FCD/NCR) for Comms & BMS issues requiring design input
- Reviewing the SCADA, I/O schedule & ensuring that the intended functionality of the SCADA meets the commissioning requirements
- Engaging with C660 (Siemens) and the Tier 2 contractors to coordinate design and design assurance
- Providing in house resolutions to design issues for PAVA, CCTV, CIS, and Radio Systems
- Providing in house resolutions to design issues for BMS and PLC Systems
- Support C440 (Bond Street Station) in delivering our stage completion milestones
- Specific technical knowledge of: BMS/PLC, SCADA, Radio, CCTV, PA/VA, CIS, systems,
- General knowledge of BMS/PLC & Communications systems and their application on railways
- An understanding of the design coordination and design assurance processes
- Communications project engineering experience gained in a major rail projects environment; including experience of design, construction and testing & commissioning phases
- Knowledge and experience of application of systems engineering and technical assurance methods and practices
- Good communications and team-working skills
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (preferably Systems Engineering / Software / Electrical Engineering).
- Knowledge and experience of Software/SCADA, development, testing and commissioning relating to rail and/or station systems.
- Ability to interface and work with railway domain specialists, design managers, software engineers, and test managers in a competent professional manner.
- Experience with software engineering solutions related to control and monitoring of the MEP equipment and Communications Systems.
- System engineering Lifecycles - experience of system engineering lifecycles and the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects. Awareness of software engineering methods and processes