Up to £35.00 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Role is within UK MOD, covering planning and scheduling activities for complex programmes and projects relating to work scope, resourcing and cost elements.
This includes activities such as preparing and analysing comparisons of scope, resources and cost data between the projects and the planning effort to establish milestones for the total project or major portions of the project.
- Ability to develop, improve and adapt the tools, techniques and processes to fit the requirements of the team and the business
- Ability to engage with relevant stakeholders to support the production, review and analysis activities of work schedules and scopes.
- Identification of EVM components and Critical Path and analysis of the effect of change on both
- Schedule point of contact for appropriate projects, ensuring relevant interface across stakeholders
- Ability to contribute to and produce relevant planning and scheduling documentation
- Ability to review management information, provide business insight and work alongside colleagues to help deliver the schedule strategy and policy
- Understanding of work scopes, resourcing and planning Management
- Preparation and maintenance of the required schedules
- Confident in dealing directly with all stakeholders
- Understand the impact of any changes to the platform/equipment on the work scope and associated schedule documentation
- Providing input to the development of planning strategies to support approval submissions for projects
- Production of recommended review and assessment of work scope, resourcing and scheduling elements for Industry submissions and recommended weighting of each return
- Assessing the impact of any proposed changes to the work scope, resource plan and schedule.
- Ensuring that appropriate controls are in place and that any change or acquisition are compliant with governance
- Ensuring that any changes to the work scope, resource plan and schedule are communicated effectively to the appropriate authorities.
Qualifications and Experience
* Experience of working in a scheduling discipline to a minimum of Foundation level;
* Attainment of scheduling specific knowledge to degree level or PMI-SP would be beneficial
* Knowledge of MOD policies and procedures for schedule management and associated supporting documentation is desirable
* Minimum of QCF Level 3 in a relevant subject
* Ability to achieve Security clearance to SC level or higher