about 1 year ago
Our client is an established Civil/Structural engineering consultancy possessing multiple offices across the UK; who due to experiencing steady growth in 2020 and multiple recent project wins are currently looking to add a Senior CAD Technician to their South West office.
This position will offer work on a variety of major rail schemes related to CP6 and also HS2 with an initial focus on Temporary Works.
Other duties will include: -
- Use of Microstation 2D/3D and AutoCAD to create drawings and models for a variety of civil/structural projects.
- Produce drawings and models of common materials including reinforced concrete and steel
- Organise and document all design related files using ProjectWise
- Take the lead on projects and conduct design reviews
- Liaise with Engineers, Contractors and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget
- Mentoring others to aid the growth & development of the design department
The successful candidate will be able to confidently display the below skills:
- Minimum 4 years' experience within the Rail industry
- Proven ability to use Microstation, AutoCAD and ProjectWise
- Experience working with materials such as reinforced concrete and steel
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Site survey experience (beneficial not essential)
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
To discuss the role or similar, please contact Dan Brokenshire at Talascend on 0161 507 8370