Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Up to US$15000 per month
about 2 years ago
Our client, a privately-owned E&P company based in the UAE are currently looking for Senior Drilling Engineers to work on drilling operations located in Kurdistan
- Plans and works closely with the Drilling team in Kurdistan to manage drilling, well completion and workover operations and ensures that all operations have been thoroughly researched, engineered, programmed and implemented in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with the prescribed requirements of the subsurface team.
- Directs the preparation of drilling, drilling fluid and cement programmes for drilling workover and exploration operations and the availability of the required materials.
- Keeps abreast of new development in drilling techniques and ensures that subordinates are provided with such information to improve work effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reviews operational and engineering reports prepared by subordinates such as drilling, well completion, workover, flow test, drill stem test and similar technical summary reports. Ensures accurate reporting of all drilling activities.
- Controls expenditure and ensures that the variances between approved budget and actual expenditure are properly justified.
- Provides the technical advice for drilling contractors and consultants and the technical assessment of responses to tenders for drilling services and materials, (ii) Provides advice and recommend solutions for drilling problems of serious nature (e.g. logging failure, work & cement failure ...etc.).
- Provides overall supervision over the contracted services to ensure that all work is properly supervised and administered, includes ensuring that contacts with operating contractors and service companies are maintained at all levels and ensuring that contractors and service companies fully understand requirements and can meet them.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Degree Qualified
- Previous experience working on Kurdistan well design
- MPD, UPD